COMPETITIVE TEAM QUALIFICATIONS AND AGREEMENT
1. Students attitude/attendance from all classes and shows from previous season will be reviewed
prior to placement.
2. Students ability.
3. All competitive team students are required to take a ballet class with Dance Dynamics.
4. EVERY student who becomes a member of the team agrees to his/her commitment to dance
with Dance Dynamics Competitive Team for the entire season of 2019-2020. If after 30 days
of the first class, a student decides not to participate, no refunds will be made and
additional charges may be applied.
5. Each student is an individual and will be evaluated as such. If a student should progress past
the requirements of a given group, he/she will be moved up accordingly. If the student fails to
meet the requirements of the group, he/she may be held back until the necessary requirements
6. All classes are mandatory and may not to be missed for any reason other than illness (contagious,
vomiting or fever), family emergency and school function for grade. Fall and spring sports are
negotiable and must be discussed with all affected instructors and Miss Brianna.
A student calendar will be required two weeks in advance for the
schedule of practices and games. Students may not miss class the week of a competition or
recital under any circumstances.
7. Students on probation will be re-evaluated after the first month of classes. At that time, the
instructor of that class will make the recommendation to keep the student in that class or move
them to a more appropriate class.
COMPETITION ENTRY FEES AND CLASS TUITION
1. Competition entry fees are due up to 120 days prior to a competition date. IF FEES ARE
NOT PAID ON TIME, THERE WILL BE A $5 CHARGE PER DANCE, PER ROUTINE AS
WELL AS $5 FOR EACH DAY LATE. All fees are non-refundable and anyone who is not
registered within 5 days of the original due date will not be allowed to compete and removed
from the team.
2. Tuition is bumped $10 per month per student on team. Students on team may not fall
late with tuition. All tuition is to be paid on a monthly basis. NO EXCEPTIONS!
COMPETITION ATTENDANCE AND BEHAVIOR
1. Students must be supportive of fellow dancers. Competitive team members must stay to support
Their team the entire session they are performing (meaning they stay to watch and support the
groups from our studio until the end of those awards).
2. Students and parents are expected to behave appropriately at all events. Parents (unless pre-
approved by an instructor) are NOT ALLOWED in the back stage area or dressing rooms. A team
parent will be designated for each class to help in making sure everyone has what they need
and gets help with any quick changes. I will designate more if needed. Students are expected
To treat their parents/instructors/classmates/competition patrons with respect! Parents will not
be allowed to be with students and instructors during stretches, rehearsals or backstage at
competitions. Friends, relatives and significant others are welcome to attend competitions but are
not welcome to be backstage at any time.
QUALIFYING AND NON-QUALIFYING ROUTINES
1. All routines choreographed at Dance Dynamics must be registered by Dance Dynamics
instructors only. All competitive group routines will dance in our annual recital. If any student
or group would like to use a routine outside of the studio, they must have written consent
from the choreographer and Miss Brianna.
2. If we qualify for nationals at any of our regional events, there is a possibility of traveling to
a national competition in the summer. A team meeting would be called and a vote will take
place for each class. My requirements for nationals are placing in the top 3 at every competition
receiving highest possible awards.
1. Costumes are very specific. Students must have the exact same shoes, hair, make-up, jewelry
2. All students are required to be dressed in Dance Dynamics attire: New students will have an
opportunity to purchase warm ups in September. Cost will be approximately $85 for a jacket and $40 for the matching warm up pants.
1. There will be absolutely no refunds on competition fees, classes, costumes, conventions, camps
or warm ups.
SOLOS/DUET/TRIOS AND SMALL GROUPS
1. These “specials” will be picked by myself and based on attendance, attitude, technique and
financial agreement being met on time each month.
2. Solos- $200 includes 4 hours of choreography and 2 15 minute cleaning sessions.
Duet/Trio- $150 per student includes same as above
Small Groups- $150 per dancer includes 5 hours of choreography and 2 30 minute cleaning
3. All payments must me made one week prior to start of rehearsals.
4. Students may not change choreography without choreographers permission.
ATTENDANCE AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
1. Practices are mandatory unless student is sick or has made arrangements with Miss Brianna. Students whom are not in class the week of a competition or show will not be allowed to compete/perform.
2. Competitive team students must purchase a team jacket to be worn at all competitions and shows. Performance earrings must be purchased as well.
3. Competitive team numbers will also be performing for various other shows such as and not limited to; Calhoun County Fair, Marshall Christmas Parade, Marshall Community Follies, Relay for Life, Cruise to the Fountain, etc. These performances are mandatory and all rehearsals are to be treated as so.
4. Picture Day is mandatory for competitive team students. Sunday, March 15th.
5. Social Media Discussion. Appropriate representation of studio.
6. Photos and videos taken by myself or other Dance Dynamics instructors will be used for advertising purposes. If you do not want your child’s photographed or videotaped, please let me know.
1. If you have any, please contact Miss Brianna directly to set up a conference or e-mail
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not voice your concerns, questions or comments to the
other parents or students as this only creates unnecessary issues and problems.
****Please remember that all teachers have different requirements and different styles of choreography. We all teach differently. It is the teachers discretion on routines, completion, progress, etc. All competition pieces are property of Dance Dynamics, permission must be given to use competitive pieces elsewhere. I will do my best to work around school and family commitments but must be notified of them as soon as possible. If an event is already scheduled, there is nothing I can do to change.
****This agreement must be signed and dated prior to the season start date!
****IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILTY TO COME INTO THE STUDIO OR LOG ON TO OUR GROUP PAGE ON FACEBOOK OR CHECK THE WEB PAGE DANCEDYNAMICS-MARSHALL.COM, TO STAY UP TO DATE WITH WHAT IS GOING ON. Please utilize these areas before calling or texting me!
TENTATIVE COMPETITION DATES-
***Precision Arts Challenge- March 27th-29th, Arts United Center, 303
E Main St., Ft. Wayne IN
Solo $120, Duet/Trio $55 per dancer Group $50 per dancer
***On Point- April 24th-26th- Coopersville High School, 198 East St. Coopersville, MI 49404
Solo- $110, Duet/Trio- $50 per dancer, Groups $50 per dancer
Baymont Inn and Suites 616-735-9595
***Applause- May 1st-3rd- Coopersville High School, 198 East St. Coopersville, MI 49404
Solo- $125, Duet/Trio $82 per student, Groups $55 per dancer
*We will be adding photo packages to one of the competitions. TBA